List:       gallery-devel
Subject:    [Gallery-devel] 2.1.1 released
From:       Bharat Mediratta <bharat () menalto ! com>
Date:       2006-04-16 9:03:12

Story:
   http://gallery.menalto.com/gallery_2.1.1_released

Even though the tools get better with each release, they still take a
long time.  This one took me about 4 hours, much of which was testing
and updating content.  In the process, I found some issues with HEAD
that I haven't fixed yet -- see the bottom of this email for a
discussion of that.

ISSUES (RESOLVED):
* Our patch/zip files were including lib/tools/ files.  I modified
   build.php to exclude those
* We had forgotten to bump the version number of the imageblock module
   which meant that we had a patch file for it, but hadn't generated a
   separate module.  I bumped its version in BRANCH_2_1 so that we
   generate the appropriate modules.
* Apparently patch screws up when it tries to modify files that are
   missing a trailing newline -- it adds one.  This causes Maps.inc files
   to fail the integrity check if you patch your way to 2.1.1.  I made
   a note about this in the upgrade instructions
* Completely overhauled Gallery2:Upgrading_to_2.1.x -- probably needs
   review by everybody.
* Updated Gallery2:Download
* Added preinstaller information to the Gallery2:Download page (Andy:
   please review).
* News stories posted on GMC, sf.net, freshmeat.net

OUTSTANDING ISSUES:
* All the modules that got bumped in 2.1.1 have the same version number
   (or at least had the same version number in HEAD).  This means that
   we may have some issues upgrading from 2.1 -> 2.1.1 -> HEAD because it
   will look like nothing has changed.  Somebody needs to figure out
   what's different between BRANCH_2_1 and HEAD for those modules and
   then bump the HEAD version of those modules.

   I can't work on this any sooner than tomorrow night, at the earliest.

   Affected modules:
         archiveupload
         comment
         core
         customfield
         dcraw
         ffmpeg
         imageblock
         imagemagick
         multilang
         netpbm
         picasa
         quotas
         rss
         watermark
         zipcart

* We should add a trailing newline to Maps.inc files so that future
   patch releases don't have the problem where we fail integrity checks.

-Bharat