List:       gallery-devel
Subject:    [Gallery-devel] Status 2-Mar to 8-Mar
From:       "Andy Staudacher" <andy.st () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-03-09 17:07:40

Security audit related:
* made storage setup text much shorter and easier to understand together
with Bharat
* added a link in the storage and security step of the installer to the
security guide on codex instead
* Showing security step of the installer for windows users too and show a
link to the security guide on codex for everyone
* Show error stack trace only to admins or when debug mode is on
* Don't send password back to browser in the installer (db and admin user
setup steps)
* Prevent session fixation attacks in installer and upgrader by regeneratin=
the session on login
* Prevent XSS and information leak in installer and upgrader by filtering
the sessionId properly
* Require password when changing the account email address

Other G2:
* Fix: Respect the optional baseUri from config.php when redirecting from
index.php  and / to main.php (doh!)
* Minor embed api bump to reflect that we require now the emApp to set the
content-type (utf8)
* Fix: Embedded imageblock and search needed a session->doNotUseTempId /
session->start call
* Fix: unsanitizeInputs didn't respect the adaptForMagicQuotes parameter fo=
arrays, thanks to Nico Kaiser
* DB2: automate the installation of the java jar again, now correctly with =
simple SQL query. thanks to Sarah Packowski
* Forum run on the weekend (thanks to everyone who's helping in the forums
now!!)

Other:
* Ordered a cell phone for my stay in the USA
* Applied for a social security number
* Opened a bank account to have some cash until I get paid (until i get my
SSN)
* Lots of other stuff
* And did a little of actual work for Google :/