List:       gallery-devel
Subject:    [Gallery-devel] Updated Gallery RSS Feed
From:       Cody Smith <cody () rescomp ! berkeley ! edu>
Date:       2004-04-27 3:57:42

Gallery Developers,

I've just released a newer version of the RSS feed for gallery, version
0.4, which features several bugfixes and improvements:

- Much better international support
- Better guessing about creation times of albums
  (based on clicks_date, "...viewed [count] times since [clicks_date]")
- Highlight thumbnail for each album
  - via pheed RSS extension (see http://www.pheed.com/pheed/)
  - via PhotoBlog RSS extension
    (see http://snaplog.com/backend/PhotoBlog.html)
  - via inset HTML in description tag (see below)
- Highlight thumbnail for whole gallery, either from
  - most recently added album, or
  - album specified in config
- Photos via HTML in description tag, option of:
  - single highlight
  - all photos
  - all photos and captions

Information here:

http://www.c7f.net/gal.php

Download here:

http://www.c7f.net/source/rss.php

Currently, most RSS readers don't support a lot of extensions.  In fact,
none of the leading RSS readers (see http://blogspace.com/rss/readers)
support either photo extension, pheed or PhotoBlog.  So users who want
thumbnails to actually be visible in their feeds should use the inset HTML
until better support comes along.

Also, I feel like the feed is getting pretty polished.  So I was wondering
if anyone knew the best person to contact to either get the feed included
into the next version of Gallery by default (since it's not really a
harmful/disruptive addition), or at very least add it to the customization
section of the website?  Thanks,

Cody