List:       gallery-devel
Subject:    Re: [Gallery-devel] ImageMagick and G2
From:       "Ernesto Baschny" <ernst () baschny ! de>
Date:       2004-03-01 22:41:42

On 1 Mar 2004 at 17:35, Vallimar wrote:

> > Would it be interesting to store the version number of IM as a
> > parameter of the ImageMagick-module, so we could use different
> > parameters when appropriate? Seems like Typo3-CMS also makes this
> > differentiation (IM4 x IM5), especially when doing other weird
> > transformations (effects like blur, sharpen, masking, ...), which
> > eventually we will be needing too.
>
> There isn't much point in wasting time on a check when it's
> easiest to just always strip the profile info from thumbs
> as G1 currently does.

The problem is that IM 4.2.9 always strips it, and IM 5.x.x only strips
it when supplied a specific parameter (+profile '*'). And there seem to
be other variants as well. I'm not so sure that G1 will work correctly
with IM 4.2.9, has anyone checked it? Here IM 4.2.9 with +profile '*'
works totally wrong (it seems to scan all files in the current directory,
creating different <file>.jpg.XX files as output)..

So even if we always want to strip them, we have to do differentiate.

--
Ernesto Baschny <ernst@baschny.de>
 http://www.baschny.de - PGP: http://www.baschny.de/pgp.txt