List:       gallery-devel
Subject:    [Gallery-devel] Re: Suggestion: Enhancement for easy rotation
From:       James Pace <jepace () pobox ! com>
Date:       2003-06-21 19:35:04

> I want to contribute a simple hack to the gallery team, which I find
> very useful...
> I replaced the "rotate" command in "view_album" (~ Line 498 in 1.3.4)
> with 3 shortcuts for 90,180,270 deg rotate - so no window will popup
> every time...
>
> simply add (or replace) the rotate-choice with:
>
> showChoice(_("left Rotate ") . $label, "rotate_photo.php",array("index"
> => $i, "rotate" => "90"));
> showChoice(_("180 Rotate ") . $label, "rotate_photo.php",array("index"
> => $i, "rotate" => "180"));
> showChoice(_("right Rotate ") . $label, "rotate_photo.php",array("index"
> => $i, "rotate" => "-90"));
>

> I used this for a while now and find it very useful...

This is great!  Thanks for the simple and easy improvement.  It really
saved me a bunch of time putting up pix of my newborn son. :)

In a sort of related issue, I must have upgraded NetPBM or mod_php or
Apache or something else, but I ran into a problem where my pictures
could only rotated counter-clockwise.  This is unfortunate since I
happen to take clock wise needing pictures.

I determined a workaround..

In util.php, in the function rotate_image, I changed the lines marked
"PROBLEM" to the lines above them.  Perhaps the arguments to pnmflip
have changed or something?

   case "NetPBM":
        if (!strcmp($target, "90")) {
            $args = "-r90";
        } else if (!strcmp($target, "-90")) {
            $args = "-r2";
# PROBLEM:   $args = "-r270";
        } else {
            $args = "-r1";
# PROBLEM:   $args = "-r180";
        }

Maybe this will help someone else.  The comments in 'pnmflip' indicate
that 'pamflip' is preferred now, but I didn't mess with that.

Thanks,

James
--
James E. Pace <jepace@PaceHouse.com>