List:       gallery-announce
Subject:    [Gallery-announce] Gallery v1.4.3-pl1 release
From:       Chris Kelly <ckdake () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2004-05-05 23:40:57

Gallery v1.4.3-pl1 is an update to Gallery 1.4.3 to resolve several
issues found after the release. It is recommended that all users upgrade
to this from 1.4.3, or if upgrading from an older version users should
use this in place of the original 1.4.3 release.

• Watermarking no longer fails when trying to center a watermark on an
image with odd dimensions.
• Config Wizard option to disable the applets and option to set user
preference for default slideshow. Default is to include the applets but
have the "Modern Browser" JavaScrip slideshow as the default.
• Fix for some situations where an album upgrade would try to set the
highlight from an empty album.
• Updated documentation to include changes to permissions, csv
import,and watermarking. (update docs from donw - "alindeman, updated
the docs, but it was after the 1.4.3 branch. I think they should be
updated in a patch. It would include the changes to permissions, as well
as document csv import and watermarking.")
• Fixed a possible problem where users could be lost by directly
upgrading to 1.4.3 from a version of Gallery before 1.4 (upgrade path
issue with users.
• Fixed old problem that occured when the index of an album being moved
was larger than the number of photos inside of it.
• Various small fixes to Gallery Remote, 14.3-pl1 ships with Gallery
Remote 1.3.3-b

Download 1.4.3-pl1 from http://sf.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=7130

There are also some issues with the current version of the NetPBM
binaries that we provide so please downgrade to our previous release,
use binaries provided by your OS vendor, compile yor own, or use
ImageMagick if you have any problems. We think the only major problems
remaining with the binaries are limited to the FreeBSD versions but we
are working on a solution.