List:       gabber-discuss
Subject:    Re: [Gabber] Setting title in chatrooms
From:       James Widman <j-widman () cornellcollege ! edu>
Date:       2002-07-25 18:54:08

Janusz Sobczak wrote:
<snip/>
> Of course the faulty string could be converted to UTF8, but i am not sure if it is \
> the cleanest way to do. I seriously doubt if anyone in an english chatroom is \
> interested in seeing polish messages. On the other hand in a polish chatroom it \
> would be nice to have polish messages. Maybe it would be best to give the user \
> ability to configure messages language per chatroom? Any ideas?

Actually, this is the kind of thing that JEP-0026 \
(http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jeplist.html) is supposed to address; we should expect \
that at some point, the conference module will be modified so as to be sensitive to \
the language settings of each entity in a room.

--
James Widman
jabber:ns@neutralstone.net

For Loops: part of a balanced NP-complete breakfast.