List:       fwtk-users
Subject:    Re: smap/smapd bug in FWTK??
From:       Rick Murphy <rmurphy () itm-inst ! com>
Date:       2001-09-08 1:35:55

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to majordomo@lists.nai.com.]

At 02:44 PM 9/6/01 -0500, Kris Herrin wrote:
>Does anybody know if the smap/smapd bug recently discovered is present
>in FWTK or not?? I've have been so far unsuccessful in getting further
>details of the bug.

Like the others, I don't have any details about the Gauntlet smap problem.
However, the two proxies have significantly diverged; I'd be surprised if
there was a common bug. The fact that only recent Gauntlet releases are
listed as vulnerable also leads me to think that this is a bug in Gauntlet
code only.

If I get more details about the problem - or an assertion that the FWTK
isn't  vulnerable, I'll let the list know.
         -Rick