List:       fwtk-users
Subject:    Incoming spool files getting corrupted
From:       "Ken Long" <ken () lectrosonics ! com>
Date:       2001-03-21 20:26:48

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to majordomo@ex.tis.com.]

I've been seeing a problem with our fwtk box since the beginning.  We use
smap and smapd.  The spool files in /var/spool/mail are getting corrupted.
The very first character in the file, an uppercase "F", is not there.  This
causes the pop3 clients to think there is nothing to retrieve.  The problem
is very intermittant and we can sometimes go for weeks before it happens.
Fixing it is easy, I just have to add the F at the beginning of the file.

Sometime back we updated smap to the 2.1+Yao version and we were seeing the
problem both before the update and after.  My morning routine now includes
scanning the spool files for missing Fs to catch the problem before the users
do.

Anyone know what might be causing this?

TIA,
Ken Long