List:       fwtk-users
Subject:    Where to spawn proxies...?
From:       "Joshua W. Haines" <jhaines () pamola ! ecs ! umass ! edu>
Date:       1997-10-21 8:20:22

[To be removed from this list send the message "unsubscribe fwtk-users" in the
BODY of a mail message to majordomo@ex.tis.com.]

Hello - as a discussion type question of general nature, I
was wondering what was generally considerd the
more secure way to have ones proxies configured to respond
to queries - from /etc/inetd.conf or by running them in
daemon mode on the appropriate port?
	I've generally opted to have the proxies running
as daemons with the theory that It would be a more
"fail-safe" firewall - but my logic beyond that is pretty
weak... Are there general rules of thumb here?

Josh