List:       fwknop-discuss
Subject:    [Fwknop-discuss] SPA over HTTP.
From:       "J. F. J. Laros" <jlaros () fixedpoint ! nl>
Date:       2013-12-22 18:56:54

Dear,

I'm having some issues with SPA over HTTP.

When I try the following command on a client:
---
fwknop -A tcp/22 --gpg-recip 12345678 -R -D server -P http -p 80
---

I see the following message in the server logs (verbose logging on):
---
Dec 22 19:40:38 server fwknopd[14981]: [xx.xx.xx.xx] preprocess_spa_data()
returned error 4098: 'Data is not a SPA message' for incoming packet.
---
The same command does succeed when I use the TCP protocol.

When I look at the source (incoming_spa.c), it seems that the error occurs
because the data is not base64 encoded, perhaps I am missing something on the
client side?

Both server and client are running version 2.5.1. Relevant parts of the
configuration file on the server are:
----
PCAP_FILTER udp port 62201 or tcp port 80;
ENABLE_SPA_OVER_HTTP        Y;
---

With kind regards,
Jeroen.