List:       fwknop-discuss
Subject:    Re: [Fwknop-discuss] fwknop compilation issue in suse 11
From:       "J. Bakshi" <joydeep () infoservices ! in>
Date:       2009-07-16 8:51:03

Mark V wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 5:30 PM, Michael Rash<mbr@cipherdyne.org> wrote:
>
> > On Jul 16, 2009, J. Bakshi wrote:
> >

> > > Hello list,
> > >
> > Hi -
> >

> > > I want to install fwknop on a remote suse server  suse-11.
> > > perl 5.10 is installed there.  I first tried to install the rpm
> > > fwknop-1.9.11-1.i386.rpm and it reported
> > >
> > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > > rpm -ivh fwknop-1.9.11-1.i386.rpm
> > > error: Failed dependencies:
> > > perl >= 0:5.003000 is needed by fwknop-1.9.11-1.i386
> > >
> > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > >
> > I'm not sure about that perl error since perl-5.10 is installed, but can
> > you try building an RPM for fwknop on your system?  Just use the
> > automated RPM builder for the cipherdyne.org projects:
> >
> > http://www.cipherdyne.org/scripts/cd_rpmbuilder.tar.gz
> >
> > This command should do the trick:
> >
> > # ./cd_rpmbuilder -p fwknop
> >

> With fwknop 1.8.1 and on openSUSE 10.2 I did the following:
>
> $ perl -MCPAN -e 'install Class::MethodMaker'
> $ perl -MCPAN -e 'install Net::Pcap'

In my case

$ perl -MCPAN -e 'install Class::MethodMaker' is successful

BUT

$ perl -MCPAN -e 'install Net::Pcap' failed with error

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
looking for -lpcap... no
You appear to lack the pcap(3) library.

If it is installed in a non-standard location, please try setting the LIBS
and INC values on the command line.

Or get the sources and install the pcap library from http://www.tcpdump.org/

If you install the pcap library using a system package, make sure to also
install the corresponding -devel package, which contains the C headers needed
to compile this module.
No 'Makefile' created  SAPER/Net-Pcap-0.16.tar.gz
  /usr/bin/perl Makefile.PL -- NOT OK
Running make test
  Make had some problems, won't test
Running make install
  Make had some problems, won't install

Though I have libcap installed

│libcap-devel│Development files for libcap                  │2.08
│libcap-progs│Libcap utility programs                       │2.08
> libcap2     │Library for Capabilities (linux-privs) Support│2.08

One important point; I manually searched pcap.h with " find  / -name pcap.h " and it \
returns blank line :-(