List:       fwknop-discuss
Subject:    Re: [Fwknop-discuss] SPA over TCP?
From:       "Sean Greven" <sean.greven () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-11-14 4:38:37

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 5:46 AM, Michael Rash <mbr@cipherdyne.org> wrote:
> On Nov 12, 2008, Alexander Perlis wrote:

<snip>

> I think outbound tcp/443 is a great candidate for a port that is
> commonly allowed, and it looks like you can tunnel SSH over an SSL proxy
> with a project called "Corkscrew", but I haven't tried it:
>
> http://wiki.kartbuilding.net/index.php/Corkscrew_-_ssh_over_https

I have used corkscrew in the past.  By default most prosy servers
(squid in particular is one), defines SSL_PORTS.  These are the ports
which are permitted, as destination ports for using CONNECT requests.
The default configuration, will not permit CONNECT requests to low
ports such as 22 etc etc.

<snip>

Regards Sean