List:       fwknop-discuss
Subject:    Re: [Fwknop-discuss] Problems with init-scripts with my backported
From:       Franck Joncourt <franck.mail () dthconnex ! com>
Date:       2008-08-31 17:06:47

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Paul Menzel wrote:
> Dear list,

Hi,

> I backported [1] the packages of Franck Joncourt [2] to Debian Etch.
>
> But the init-scripts do not work.
>
>         $ sudo invoke-rc.d fwknop-server start
>         $ sudo fwknopd -S
>         [+] knopwatchd pidfile does not exist.
>         [+] knoptm pidfile does not exist.
>         [+] fwknopd pidfile does not exist.

[code]
cat /etc/default/fwknop-server
# Default settings for fwknopd.

# Change it to yes if you would like fwknopd to be started at boot itme
START_DAEMON="yes"
[/code]

Do you have that on your configuration ?
The message you wrote about /var/log/message is only valid when you
start the daemon manually ?

That is always a good idea (to me) to know the exit code of a command.

In my bashrc file, I have set this:

[code]
export PS1='\[\033[01;34m\]\u@\h:\w[$?]\$ \[\033[00m\]'
[/code]

When the START_DAEMON is set to no, the exit code should be 0.

[...]
> Looking at [3] there seem no specific ones available for Debian. Is it
> working under Sid? Does anyone know a Debian developer or a list where
> one could request help for creating the init-scripts?

I built it from scratch on my Debian Sid.

Regards,

--
Franck Joncourt
http://debian.org - http://smhteam.info/wiki/