List:       fwknop-discuss
Subject:    [Fwknop-discuss] fwknop-1.9.6-pre2
From:       Michael Rash <mbr () cipherdyne ! org>
Date:       2008-07-02 2:23:38

Hi -

Here is fwknop-1.9.6-pre2:

http://www.cipherdyne.org/fwknop/download/fwknop-1.9.6-pre2.tar.gz

So far in the 1.9.6 development series, I've worked on making sure the
test suite can properly test the legacy port knocking mode.  In support
of this, fwknop just parses the /var/log/messages file by default
instead of requiring syslog to write kern.info messages to the
fwknopfifo named pipe.  Of course, the default
authentication/authorization method is still SPA instead of port
knocking, but there are those that accept protocol deficiencies inherent in
port knocking in order to minimize complexity of the software that is
performing the authentication/authorization checks.  My aim is to ensure
that fwknop supports both mechanisms.

Also, there is a bugfix for running the test suite on Mac OS X and
FreeBSD systems with ipfw.

Here is the ChangeLog so far:

http://trac.cipherdyne.org/trac/fwknop/browser/fwknop/tags/fwknop-1.9.6-pre2/ChangeLog

Thanks,