List:       fwknop-discuss
Subject:    [Fwknop-discuss] Book announcement
From:       Michael Rash <mbr () cipherdyne ! org>
Date:       2006-11-03 5:55:28

Hi all -

I am writing a book for No Starch Press entitled "Linux Firewalls:
Attack Detection and Response". This book will be available for purchase
in late February of 2007, but can be pre-ordered online through No
Starch or through Amazon. Topics covered in the book include intrusion
detection and prevention with iptables firewalls, and this includes
significant coverage of both psad and fwsnort.

In addition, two chapters deal with the rise of port knocking and Single
Packet Authorization, particularly with fwknop. I'm currently writing
the last four out of a total of thirteen chapters, so the bulk of the
writing is finished. Pablo Neira Ayuso of Netfilter fame is the
Technical Editor for the book, and his input has been invaluable to
tightening many of the technical arguments.

http://www.cipherdyne.org/archives/2006/11/03.html

--
Michael Rash
http://www.cipherdyne.org/