List:       fvwm95
Subject:    [FVWM95] Re: Incorrect Window Sizes
From:       Scott Ferguson <ferguson () col ! hp ! com>
Date:       1997-10-17 15:27:37

Talking about window resizes reporting incorrect numbers of pixels for
window size:

> > Is this behavior also present on other implementations? Has anyone
> > hacked up fixes for either one?
>
> That is a typical behavior of xv (xview). But this is done by xv
> itself. IMHO fvwm is very passive with positioning and sizing.

Actually xv has nothing to do with it, this is regarding ANY graphical
window (including our own applications). Oh, if you're referring to
something called xv which is not the image display program, I'm not using
that either. I am using the HP-UX X11R6 server, fvwm95, and some Motif/Xt
programs.

If you resize a Motif or Xt window down to zero, you'll see that the number
of pixels wide & high are both not even close to zero. Sometimes the
sizes just stop changing as you get smaller than a certain size.