List:       fvwm
Subject:    Re: FVWM: rare behavour with mouse buttons
From:       bruce m beach <brucembeach () gmail ! com>
Date:       2018-08-30 20:06:04

On 8/29/18, Dominik Vogt <dominik.vogt@gmx.de> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 02:39:30PM -0600, Jaimos Skriletz wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 2:35 PM bruce m beach <brucembeach@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello
> > >

> > > Mouse 1 2 N        Maximize true 0  33
> > > Mouse 3 2 N        Maximize true 0  100
> > >
> > > Mouse 1 4 N        Maximize true 27  0
> > > Mouse 3 4 N        Maximize true 100 0
> > >
> > > Mouse 0 6       A       Iconify
> > >
> > > Now what happens is that these mouse clicks totally stop working.
> > > No response whatever. A few minutes later everything is okay.
> > >

> > The N requires that no modifier is being pushed. If any modifier is
> > being pushed, the bindings won't work. Note that numlock is a
> > modifier. This might be relevant. This is one of the most asked
> > questions in the FAQ
> >
> > http://www.fvwm.org/documentation/faq/#a-few-minutes-after-fvwm-is-started-my-keyboard-and-mouse-bindings-stop-working--what-can-i-do
> >
> > Anyways, making N and A (for any modifiers) should make it work no
> > matter what modifier you are holding down.
>
> And
>
> IgnoreModifiers L2
>
> is a good idea too.
>
> Ciao
>
> Dominik ^_^  ^_^
>
> --
>
> Dominik Vogt

   Okay thanks. Here's what I think happened. I was working on
something and needed a calculation so I popped up a calculator.
Guess what.

   On testing, indeed the num lock does disable the bindings.
What puzzles me is how come over the many years of using exactly
the same configuration script I never noticed this before. Anyway
for now it looks like the problem is solved.

  Bruce