List:       fvwm
Subject:    Re: FVWM: FVWM- fvwm-menu-desktop error
From:       Jaimos Skriletz <jaimosskriletz () gmail ! com>
Date:       2017-04-13 1:52:29

On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 7:09 PM, Dan Espen <despen@verizon.net> wrote:
> Brian <bvamundsen@yahoo.com> writes:
>
>> I'm running slackware 14.2-64bit fvwm-2.6.6 and have found that when I
>> try to generate the fvwm-menu-desktop it is throwing an error
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "/usr/bin/fvwm-menu-desktop", line 59, in <module>
>>     import xdg.Menu
>> ImportError: No module named xdg.Menu
>>
>> I thought it was an issue of slackware not having slackware-xdg-menu
>> support so added that package which had no effect.  Still get the same
>> error after installation.
>>
>> Where is he xdg.Menu module suppose to come from?
>
> On Fedora:
>
> /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/xdg/Menu.py
>
> I don't see it in my 3.5 packages.
> You might want to make sure python 2 is being used.

The python script fvwm-menu-desktop requires the python-xdg module,
seems it is called pyxdg in slackware.

Note, this requires python2, the build process in fvwm doesn't always
enforce this, you may have to edit the shebang on the top of the
script to point at python2 (not python3) and install that module to
work. If you don't have python2 installed, you will need to install it
and the module for python2.

jaimos