List:       fvwm
Subject:    Re: FVWM: problem with a wireless logitech keyboard
From:       Dominique Michel <dominique.michel () vtxnet ! ch>
Date:       2014-01-23 19:46:09

Le Thu, 23 Jan 2014 19:21:06 +0100,
"Dr. Nikolaus Klepp" <office@klepp.biz> a écrit :

> Am Donnerstag, 23. Januar 2014 schrieb Pierre Frenkiel:
> > hi,
> > I have a strange problem with a wireless Logitech keyboard (MK330)
> > Everything works properly, but 2 hotkeys, which behave strangely,
> > either on X11/fvwm or in console mode
> > To get the keysyms, I use xev (without programming the keys in fvwm
> > config)
> >    - the hotkey 1 gives me the WindowList
> >    - the hotkey 5 gives me 2 outputs
> >           d (keycode 40)
> >           Super_L (keycode 133)
> > in console mode, same kind of strange behaviours, with the
> > "showkey" command for any key, one gets 2 outputs. For example, for
> > "a" keycode press 30
> >     keycode release 30
> >
> > for hotkey 1, I get 3 outputs
> >
> >     keycode press 15
> >     keycode release 15
> >     keycode release 56
> >
> > for hotkey 5, I get 3 outputs
> >
> >     keycode press 32
> >     keycode release 32
> >     keycode release 125
> >
> > I really unable to figure out the origin of these behaviours.
> > Anybody has an idea?
> >
> > best regards,
>

> Looks like a macro replay to me.
>
> nik

Logitech support for Linux is a shame. I am Swiss, all my mouses was
logitech ones, that from the first 3 buttons mouse they made, but not
the last one. The only logitech goods that have a good linux suport is
their webcams, and that only because it is an independent website that
provide full functional drivers for them.

If it is like some high-end mouse they made, and if you have a windows
box, you can try to install it on windows and reprogram it with a more
standard set-up. If you are lucky enough, it will work fine on linux
after that.

Dominique