List:       fvwm
Subject:    Re: FVWM: FVWM Forum
From:       Thomas Adam <thomas () xteddy ! org>
Date:       2010-07-06 14:36:14

On Tue, Jul 06, 2010 at 04:09:43PM +0200, Mag. Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
> Ok, I volunteer. What's the system setup?

It's a machine in America for now (but only in terms of where its DNS points
to).  If you could just setup PhpBB3 somewhere temporary, I can give you the
archive which you should be able to import, to see if you can get it to
import.

Last I tried, it was unable to even do that, and none of the PhpBB
developers understood why -- hardly inspiring, is it?

At this point, I'd recommend switching to Simple Machines Forum (SMF):

http://www.simplemachines.org/

As that looks a lot more sane -- but this is only achieveable if a version
of PhpBB can restore its own archive, since you need a running instance of
PhpBB to migrate to SMF.

Also, I don't know anything about you... other than you seem to top-post,
and I wish you wouldn't.  :)

Thanks for your offer of help, I appreciate it.

-- Thomas Adam