List:       fvwm
Subject:    Re: FVWM: Some fvwm functions quitting after a bit
From:       chris_honschu () gmx ! de
Date:       2009-08-20 1:33:52

On Thursday, 20. August 2009, Perry Hutchison wrote:
> It sounds as if FVWM is more the victim than the cause of the
> problem.  Does either of you have the expertise and inclination
> to write a patch _for Xorg_ that would keep it from initially
> reporting an incorrect keyboard layout?

http://www.mail-archive.com/xorg@lists.freedesktop.org/msg08253.html

This was my discussion I had on the xorg mailinglist.

Maybe it will change with XKB2, at the moment the best is to start FVWM with the
right keymap, but don't trust the "xprop -root | grep XKB" output and also keep
in mind that at the first start of xorg the keymap only gets changed not until
you hit the first key. The latter case could maybe bypassed by calling some
xmodmap-program, but I just don't know.