List:       fvwm
Subject:    Re: FVWM: Fvwm in Ubuntu?
From:       "Hans Voss" <hans.voss () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-01-11 14:49:52

I am doing the same thing, but with the old (KDE 3.5x) version of the KDE panel.
I start some programs upon launching FVWM (like an apt-get update as
well as 'update-notifier' which is the panel app that indicates
available updates. and the gnome-power-manager and the nm-applet (the
network management applet). Add to that that I start a Nautilus
session on a otherwise unused screen somewhere and even automatic
detection of new volumes (CD/DVD, USB disks etc) is properly handled.

If you want I can give you an extract of my config that does show all
these things. You might have to wait just over a week though, since I
will be visiting the USA without a laptop.

--
----
Met vriendelijke groeten / With kind regards