List:       fvwm
Subject:    Re: FVWM: Some items on a wish list
From:       kilgota () banach ! math ! auburn ! edu
Date:       2008-08-07 1:24:44

On Wed, 6 Aug 2008, Robert Heller wrote:

> At Wed, 6 Aug 2008 16:57:03 -0500 (CDT) kilgota@banach.math.auburn.edu
> wrote:
>

>> On Wed, 6 Aug 2008, Robert Heller wrote:
>>
>> (snip)
>>
>>> Right.  The whole point of Fvwm is to be a fairly lightweight window
>>> manager.  There is no need to add extrainious functionallity to it.  One
>>> of the reasons *I* use Fvwm is that is is NOT like Gnome or KDE -- both
>>> of which are overloaded with extrainous functionallity.
>>
>> Me, too.
>>

>>> I wrote a Tcl/Tk wrapper for the ACPI battery info for my laptop --
>>> would you like the code?  I could upload it somewhere, if anyone is
>>> interested.  There already exists a an APM flavor of battery monitor
>>> (xapm) out there somewhere.
>>
>> That might be helpful, yes. Thank you. It would be a place to start.
>
> Source archive uploaded to:
>
> ftp://ftp.deepsoft.com/pub/deepwoods/Other/tkbattery-0.0.tar.gz

Got it. But for some reason I cannot get http://www.equi4.com/sdx.html to
respond. Probably, the reason for this is that I am right now at the East
Alabama LUG meeting, using the wireless of the place which provides us
with a meeting place, and they are blocking what their net software
perceives might be a download of illegal or salacious content. So I guess
I have to quit for the evening.

> Needs: Tcl/Tk (8.4 or later), BWidget 1.8 or later, SNIT (generally part
> of tcllib), sdx (http://www.equi4.com/sdx.html) and needs a tclkit
> (http://www.equi4.com/tclkit.html) suitable to your system. Basically it
> looks at files in /proc/acpi/ac_adapter/AC/ (checking for plugged in or
> not) and /proc/acpi/battery/* (whether the battery is present, charging,
> and how charged it is).

Thanks. I hope it might work from home later on, or tomorrow.

Theodore Kilgore