List:       fvwm
Subject:    Re: FVWM: WindowListSkip broken?
From:       Ryan Daly <daly () ctcnet ! net>
Date:       2007-10-26 20:00:02

On Fri, 2007-10-26 at 21:09 +0200, Viktor Griph wrote:
> But here, using the option UseSkipList, you tell WindowList to include
> windows even if they are styled with WindowListSkip.
>
> > When I do Alt+Tab, I see the Console listed.
>
> Yes, that's what you ask it to show.
>
> > Am I using incorrect options, or is there a bug somewhere?
>
> Maybe the documentation is a bit unclear, and possible the name of the
> option (which actualy was changed in 2.5.22) is a bit confusing. A better
> name would probably be IncludeSkipList.

I would say that the documentation is a bit unclear.  I just did a 'man
fvwm' and searched for "UseSkipList."  There's no explanation for it.
It's only mentioned that it can be passed to WindowList.

To me, when I read that option it says that WindowList should use the
SkipList (meaning it should honor my request to have that window not be
listed).

Obviously that's not the way it's used.