List:       fvwm
Subject:    Re: FVWM: FVWM & Environment variables
From:       Ryan Daly <daly () ctcnet ! net>
Date:       2007-07-15 14:48:56

On Sat, 2007-07-14 at 19:14 +0100, Thomas Adam wrote:
> And how might you be starting FVWM?  Are you relying on the use of
> ~/.xsession?  Is FVWM even being told where to look for the config
> file?  (Assuming it's not already /root/.fvwm/config, or one of the
> other seven different varieties the man page lists as being part of
> its search procedure.)

/root/.Xclients:
#!/bin/sh

exec fvwm

It's the same way I'm starting FVWM from my user account.

For the root account, FVWM finds the configuration file in `fvwm-config
-d`/config.  Xterm uses options set by 'SetEnv', ImagePath is set that
way, as well as others, so I know the variables are getting set...  The
only issue I'm seeing is that when I open a shell and do an 'env', I see
none of my variables.