List:       fvwm
Subject:    Re: FVWM: Beginners-Infos /Example-Files(simple,please) ?
From:       Ryan Daly <daly () ctcnet ! net>
Date:       2007-04-17 23:27:38

On Tue, 2007-04-17 at 23:48 +0100, Thomas Adam wrote:
> You're defining portability in terms of assumed locale, aesthetics and
> other things:  fine.  However, one of the glaring holes people _always_
> overlook is that the so-called "default" config has to also be able to
> run on different hardwares, as well as different XServers -- including
> those people which still use 8-bit displays (yes, people _do_) which
> puts high colours out of the question.  This is partly why so much work
> went into FVWM (via Dan Espen, IIRC) to get FVWM to handle colours so
> well.
>
> As nice a discussion as this is, it's alas, _nothing_ new that hasn't
> already been said so many times before.  Yes, there's lots of things
> that need updating in $[FVWM_DATADIR]/ConfigFvwmSetup, but until FVWM
> 2.6, I just don't recommend anything is proposed too early.

Maybe something as simple as a menu that provides modules that allows
for further configuration.  Much like the FvwmForm setup form that Dan
mentioned in an earlier post.

If there's something in the works to allow a non-"in the weeds" kind of
guy, then leave it at that.  Can you elaborate a bit on the
ConfigFvwmSetup?