List:       fvwm
Subject:    Re: FVWM: kikbd
From:       Michael Han <mikehan () mikehan ! com>
Date:       2000-11-18 22:01:43

On Sat, Nov 18, 2000 at 11:11:41PM +0200, Can BAYTAN wrote:

> I thank you for all your help to using Turkish fonts, fonts are ok, but
> I have to run kikbd to use Turkish keyboard from the shell, would you
> tell me where do I need to place kikbd command in my
> /etc/X11/fvwm2/system.fvwm2rc file. (Its 16K long and I can send it if
> someone wishes to check).

You might want to look at FvwmKb or Xkb for doing keymap control in
fvwm. FvwmKb is found at http://members.linuxstart.com/~sparrow/ and I
don't have anything regarding Xkb.

I don't understand what kikbd does. Someone else here with experience
in i18n might be able to help you better, but in case no one pipes up,
is kikbd X-aware or is it specific to a particular shell instance? It
might be better to do something like:

if [ $DISPLAY ]; then
    kikbd
fi

or something like that, in your .login. If it's meant to be started at
the beginning of your X session, add it to your fvwm InitFunction (see
the manpage on InitFunction and on AddToFunc). Basically, you just
need to:

AddToFunc "InitFunction" I Exec kikbd

Maybe this is helpful.
--
mikehan@mikehan.com                            http://www.mikehan.com/
coffee achiever                              San Francisco, California