List:       fvwm
Subject:    Re: FVWM: how to make it use less memory ?
From:       Dan Espen <dane () mk ! telcordia ! com>
Date:       1999-10-31 21:41:39

Ilia Chipitsine <ilia@cgilh.chel.su> writes:
> =

> Dear FVWM-team,
> =

> I'm currently using fvwm2. What I exactly want is a window
> manager which uses as less memory as possible (fvwm won that competitio=
n !)
> =

> How to make it use even less memory ?
> I want just manager with xpm and GNOME support, I do not want modules,
> virtual desktops, buttons, etc. can I save some memory that way ?

You don't say what release you are using.  With 2.2.2,
"configure" gives you some choices:

  --disable-modality    disable modal dialogs for applications
  --disable-saveunder    disable saveunders for pop-up menus
  --disable-shape    disable shape extensions
  --disable-activedown-button    disable ActiveDown button state
  --disable-inactive-button    disable Inactive button state
  --disable-mini-icons    disable MiniIcon style option
  --disable-vector-buttons    disable vector button style
  --disable-pixmap-buttons    disable pixmap button style
  --disable-gradient-buttons    disable gradient button style
  --disable-multistyle    disable stacked button styles
  --disable-extended-titlestyle    disable styled title-bars
  --disable-borderstyle    disable BorderStyle command
  --disable-usedecor    disable UseDecor style option
  --disable-windowshade    disable WindowShade function

I can't say how much that will save you.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: dane@mk.telcordia.com