List:       fvwm
Subject:    Re: FVWM: minimize the window
From:       Dan Espen <dane () mk ! telcordia ! com>
Date:       1999-10-21 3:22:50

Shao Zhang <shao@cia.com.au> writes:
> Sorry, forgot to include more info... it did not happen to me in fvwm1.xx
>
> [FVWM][main]:  Fvwm Version 2.2.2 compiled on Jul  2 1999 at 00:03:48

I believe the problem  you are having is  with  a long standing  fvwm2
feature that iconifies windows onto the page that the window is mostly
on.  (Actually, I wasn't aware the fvwm1 didn't do this also.)  If you
keep your windows mostly on screen your icons should stay visible.

It  looks to me like this  is "fixed" in 2.3.5, but  not  in the 2.2.x
series.  The  only way you  could get a "fix" is  by using one  of the
betas or waiting for 2.4.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: dane@mk.telcordia.com