List:       fvwm
Subject:    Re: FVWM: Fvwm with NT
From:       Kendrick Vargas <ken () hudat ! com>
Date:       1999-10-11 7:34:25

On 11 Oct 1999, Fabien VILLARD wrote:

> 	I'd like to know if someone got Fvwm to run under NT, for
> exemple with Exceed. I know I can run it on the Unix box and
> display on the Exceed X server. What I mean is running Fvwm ON NT to
> limit local net trafic. Is it a silly question ?

You should check out the cygwin tools (http://sourceware.cygnus.com) ..
It's a complete compiler/fileutils/everything package for NT. It's pretty
cool, comes with bash and gcc and all kinds of cool stuff :)

On the page for cygwin, there is a link to the X11R6 client libraries and
apps (xterm and the like). The clients can connect to any X server, and
lemme tell you it was weird to have bash in an xterm on my linux box with
a prompt in /c//winnt/system32 or something like that :) If you have an X
server running on the NT box (hence Exceed), you could connect to that
instead.

It'd be interesting to see a window manager compiled with the cygwin tools
:)
			-peace

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.