List:       fvwm
Subject:    Re: StickyIconsAreReallySticky (was Re: FVWM: non-auto-compacted icons?)
From:       Dan Espen <dane () mk ! telcordia ! com>
Date:       1999-09-09 11:56:52

Benjamin Low <ben@snrc.uow.edu.au> writes:

> Dan Espen wrote:
> > It may work, but...
> >
> > The patch should be against the current CVS sources (2.3.8).
> >
> > The patch should preserve existing functionality.  (I think existing
> > users of sticky icons, would still want them to autoarrange.)
> >
> > The patch must include a man page update.
> >
> > There should be a ChangeLog entry.
>
> Ok, I'll go via the CVS tree, and add appropriate documentation.
>
> I wanted to add a separate Style label for this 'FixedIcons', but the
> Style flags bitmask is full. I see others have come across the same
> problem (i.e. tmpflags, new_flags), but really can't see how I can add a
> new flag without major changes to the whole shebang.

Check out the latest CVS sources, we are no longer out of style flags.

> As I also think that, symantically, having 'fixed' StickyIcons makes
> sense, I chose to add use that flag.

I think icons  that follow  you desk  to  desk and  page  to page  are
different than icons that hold their initial position.  (StayInPlace).

Well, there  is  a  relationship,  if  an   icon is both    sticky and
stayinplace, and you change desks, your going to have  icons end up on
top of each other.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: dane@mk.telcordia.com