List:       fvwm
Subject:    Re: FVWM: IconFill ordering
From:       Neil Bird <neil.bird () rrds ! co ! uk>
Date:       1999-03-25 13:12:43

Dominik Vogt wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 25, 1999 at 12:25:09PM +0000, neil.bird@rrds.co.uk wrote:
> >                IconFill left bottom
>
> I'd guess this means the screen is filled in this order:
>
> +--+--+--+--+
> | 9| ...... |
> +--+--+--+--+
> | 5| 6| 7| 8|
> +--+--+--+--+
> | 1| 2| 3| 4|
> +--+--+--+--+
>
> So the manpage seems not to be consistent.

  It *looks* like it's actually the other way around - IconFill specifies
the destination edge, not the source edge. But I can't really tell since
Netscape, the one I'm try to use with it, is having a bit of a fit. Using:

Style "Navigator"       IconBox 54x54+941+0, IconBox -54 -1 -1 0, \
                        StartsOnPage 1 0, IconFill left top

  ... I get my first nav. window up in the geom. bit (where I leave it
'docked'). The next goes bottom right, as I'd expect (if IconFill works
'backwards'). Then any other ones get dumped on top of each other around
(not necessarily in exactly the same spot, but overlapping) the /top-left/
of the specified box.

  I'll try this later with another, 'safer' app ...

--
 Neil Bird                   |   This is who we are     The time is near
 mailto:neil.bird@rrds.co.uk |                           [ T-74 days! ]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.