List:       fvwm
Subject:    Re: FVWM: Missing rubberband when resizing.
From:       Christoph Gaitzsch <fs65 () rumms ! uni-mannheim ! de>
Date:       1997-03-30 16:30:13

Phil Hagen <psychosis@geocities.com> writes:

> Rasmus Tamstorf wrote:
> > I have just compiled my version of fvwm 2.0.45c using the CDE
> look-a-like
> > announced earlier this week. However, when I resize my windows I do
> > not get any rubberband to indicate how large or small they will be.
> > Likewise if I have opaque move turned off, no outline of the window is
> > shown when I move it, so it is pretty much guess-work to place it
> > correctly. How can that be, and what can I do about it ?
>
> I get this also, but on certain background images, I realized that the
> color is very pale and almost impossible to see.  Is there a .fvwm2rc
> setting for the color of the rubberband?  If not, might one be
> incorporated into the next release?

The setting you are looking for is called XORvalue. I had this problem
after changing to 16bpp (new graphics-card). I set it to 127, but there
may be better values. You have to try it out by yourself (this is, what
the manual-page says).
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.