List:       fvwm
Subject:    FVWM: Trouble with Swallow (UseOld,Noclose) in 2.0.45
From:       gottlieb () research ! nj ! nec ! com
Date:       1997-01-30 14:29:23

> From: Bob Taylor <brtaylor@qtpi.lakewood.ca.us>
>   >
> I use xclock with fvwm-2.0.43
>
> *FvwmButtons(5x1, Swallow (UseOld, NoKill, NoClose) "xclock" \
>         'Exec xclock -g 206x33+279+0 -fg NavyBlue -bg gray90 -digital -update 1\
>         -fn -*-courier-medium-r-normal--17-*-75-75-m-90-iso8859-1 &')

I am running 2.0.45 and find this doesn't work as advertised.

I had been using
*FvwmButtons(2x2, Size 50 50, \
	Swallow(UseOld,NoClose) XClock "Exec xclock -padding 3")

It looks fine on the display but if I do a Researt fvwm2
I have two clock processes (as revealed by ps x).

It appears that after the old clock is released by button-bar, it is
not reacquired.

If, after say three clocks are listed by ps I close the button bar
without restarting, the swallowed clock is unswallowed as expected but
there is only one clock displayed and winlist shows only one clock
entry (but ps x still shows 3).

I have also tried this with another client, xbuffy, with very similar
results.

allan
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.