List:       fvwm
Subject:    FVWM: New Module for fvwm2
From:       Andrew Veliath <veliaa () rpi ! edu>
Date:       1996-11-26 18:12:10

I've written a new module for fvwm2.  As far as I know I had not seen
this and remember that it was on the todo list.

FvwmCascade is a simple module to cascade windows.  There are a few
options to control how and what windows are cascaded.  I've attached
the man page so you can read that.  I'm also working on an FvwmTile
module.

You can retrieve it at:

http://www.rpi.edu/~veliaa/projects/fvwm_patches/fvwm_modules.html

Here is the man page:

FvwmCascade(1)           FvwmCascade 0.5           FvwmCascade(1)

NAME
       FvwmCascade - layer FVWM windows

SYNOPSIS
       FvwmCascade is spawned by fvwm, so no command line invoca-
       tion will work.

DESCRIPTION
       This module attempts to cascade  windows  on  the  current
       screen  subject  to certain constraints.  Layering is per-
       formed so  consecutive  windows  will  have  their  window
       titles visible underneath the previous.

INVOCATION
       FvwmCascade  is best invoked from a menu, popup or button.
       There are a number of command line options  which  can  be
       used to constrain the layering, these are described below.
       As an example case, one could call  FvwmCascade  with  the
       following arguments:

            FvwmCascade 100p 100p 400p 300p

       This  invocation  will  cascade  windows starting at pixel
       location 100, 100 on the screen and  constrain  the  width
       and height to 400 and 300 pixels respectively.

       Command-line arguments passed to FvwmCascade are described
       here.

       -a     Causes _a_l_l window styles to be affected

       -desk  Causes all windows  on  the  desk  to  be  cascaded
              instead of the current screen only.

       -flatx Inhibits border width increment.

       -flaty Inhibits border height increment.

       -noraise
              Inhibits window raising, leaving the depth ordering
              intact.

       -r     Reverses the window sequence.

       -t     Causes  transient  windows  to  also  be   affected
              (implied by -all).

       -u     Causes   untitled   windows  to  also  be  affected
              (implied by -all).

              Up to four numbers can be  placed  on  the  command

FvwmCascade 0.5         November 16, 1996                       1

FvwmCascade(1)           FvwmCascade 0.5           FvwmCascade(1)

              line that are not switches.  The first pair specify
              an x  and  y  offset  to  start  the  first  window
              (default is 0, 0).  The second pair specify a maxi-
              mal width and height for the layered  windows.   If
              an  affected  window  exceeds  either this width or
              height, it is  resized  to  the  maximal  width  or
              height.  If each number is suffixed with the letter
              p, then it is taken to be a pixel value,  otherwise
              it is interpreted as a screen percentage.

BUGS
       It  is  probably  not  a good idea to delete windows while
       windows are being cascaded.

AUTHOR
       Andrew Veliath

FvwmCascade 0.5         November 26, 1996                       2

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.