List:       fvwm
Subject:    Re: Re: FVWM: pixmap borders patch
From:       Tim Phipps <tim () hpcpbla ! bri ! hp ! com>
Date:       1996-09-26 15:30:44

> As I said, I define a large number of icons. This takes up a large chunk
> of my .fvwmrc file. Can anybody suggest how I could remove the icon
> definitions to another file (.icons  ?) ??

You could split you .fvwmrc into separate file and use FvwmM4/Cpp to
reassemble them at startup time.

An idea for the Fvwm hackers would be for fvwm to look for an icon in the
PixmapPath that matches the window name (or icon name) and use that by default.
That way you would only have to copy the icon you want to the appropriate file
name and fvwm would use it.

Cheers,
Tim Phipps.

--