List:       fvwm
Subject:    Re: Colormaps (was FVWM: Re: Fvwm article)
From:       fsmith () spec ! com (Frank Smith)
Date:       1996-04-30 22:20:47

> Am I understanding you correctly. Is it (sort-of) possible to have
> private colormaps in effect for each desk (so one could say, stick the
> netscape hog on one desk and still have plenty of color slots for
> other apps that reside on other desks)? That would be a big win
> (although it seems technically challenging to say the least).

  Well, it's not exactly what you want, but I use:

ColormapFocus FollowsMouse

in my .fvwmrc and in my .Xresources:

Netscape.*installColormap:      Yes

That way netscape starts with its own colormap leaving colors for
all my other apps and icons.  The only annoyance is the colormap
flashing as you enter and leave the netscape window(s).

frank
--
Frank Smith  --  System Administrator         E-mail: fsmith@spec.com
Systems & Processes Engineering Corp. (SPEC)  Voice:(512) 306-1100 x154