List:       fvwm
Subject:    FVWM: Problem with focus after deiconify in 2.0.42?
From:       "Barry A. Warsaw" <bwarsaw () CNRI ! Reston ! VA ! US>
Date:       1996-04-30 16:47:35

I have several XEmacs windows open, then I iconify a few.  When I
click on the icon label to deiconify one of the XEmacs windows, I get
some really weird behavior.  It seems like the window still has some
semblance of focus but it never updates the display.  The cursor gets
solidly filled, but for example hitting C-p or C-n doesn't move the
cursor.  I can tell things are happening though because if I hit a
keychord to save my Inbox, or kill the frame, those actions happen.  I
can pop up a new frame and that will work fine.  The update lossage
doesn't happen all the time so apologies for no recipe.

Has anyone else experienced this weird problem?  It never happened for
me with 1.24r.

FTR: Sun SS5, Solaris 2.5, gcc 2.7.2

-Barry
--