List:       fuse-devel
Subject:    Re: [fuse-devel] [RFC v1] Support using socket fd as the fuse device
From:       Nikolaus Rath <Nikolaus () rath ! org>
Date:       2017-10-16 18:10:40

On Oct 16 2017, Feng Shuo <steve.shuo.feng@gmail.com> wrote:
> This patch introduces a new fuse low level function fuse_session_socket()
> to enable using a socket fd as the fuse device. This helps to implement
> separated fuse daemon with its mount points, especially by unix domain
> socket in one system, or VSOCK/VMCI socket between VM and Host.

Thanks! Could you please submit a pull request at
https://github.com/libfuse/libfuse?

It would be nice to have a more detailed rationale, I have trouble
understanding the above. What exactly do you want to separate from what?

> Currently only single-thread mode is supported in this "socket" mode.

Hmm. Why?

> +static int fuse_sock_recv(int fd, void *data, int len, int flags)
> +{

Why the separate methods? Can't the existing _recv and _send methods not
be made to work on a socket fd?

Best,
-Nikolaus

--
GPG Fingerprint: ED31 791B 2C5C 1613 AF38 8B8A D113 FCAC 3C4E 599F

              »Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a Banana. «