List:       fuse-devel
Subject:    Re: [fuse-devel] Is linking fuse static library instead of dynamic library a good solution to solve
From:       Nikolaus Rath <Nikolaus () rath ! org>
Date:       2016-11-19 18:38:56

On Nov 19 2016, Ying LEE <mr.ying.lee-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> 1. In my code, I #define FUSE_USE_VERSION 29. I cannot suppose my code
> works on other versions also.

I don't know if your code supports older versions, but just defining
FUSE_USE_VERSION 2.9 does *not* make in incompatible with older
versions. You just need to *build* with at least fuse 2.9 headers. You
should still be able to run the resulting binary with older library
versions.

> 2. The mount options set for different 2.x versions are not the same. Some
> options were added after 2.0. I do reply mount options to improve
> performance. Also, I provide script file to users, within the file, mount
> options are used.

Yes, that would be a problem.

Best,
-Nikolaus

              »Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a Banana. «