List:       fuse-devel
Subject:    [fuse-devel] About locking.
From:       Stef Bon <stefbon () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-03-14 10:41:13

Hi,

I'm implementing the flock call in my fs. I see that in fuse_lowlevel.h:

         * Note: if the locking methods are not implemented, the kernel
         * will still allow file locking to work locally.  Hence these are
         * only interesting for network filesystems and similar.

What does it mean? When a process wants to set a lock using flock, this is still
honoured (by the kernel), even though it's not supported by the FUSE fs?

Stef