List:       fuse-devel
Subject:    [fuse-devel] "blocking" cleanup code executed at umount
From:       Stefan Westerfeld <stefan () space ! twc ! de>
Date:       2011-12-20 16:16:54

   Hi!

I'd like to implement

myfusefs bar            # mount 1
fusermount -u bar       # unmount 1
myfusefs bar            # mount 2

so that my FuSE filesystem runs initialization code first, cleans up during the
unmount and runs initialization code again. So I'd like to be sure that before
"mount 2", the old FuSE filesystem cleanup code is done.

Otherwise the initialization and cleanup of "unmount 1" and "mount 2" will
probably not work, because they are operating on the same data.

Is there a way to ensure that fusermount -u ... blocks long enough so that my
cleanup code will be completely executed by the time the user can remount?

Also, do I assume correctly that for starting a FuSE filesystem, if I put my
init code into the fuse_init function, "mount 1/2" will block long enough so
that after the process exits, the filesystem will be properly initialized,
right?

   Cu... Stefan
--
Stefan Westerfeld, Hamburg/Germany, http://space.twc.de/~stefan