List:       fuse-devel
Subject:    [fuse-devel] Unmounting - help
From:       Sudheer Peddireddy <peddireddy.sudheer () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-09-30 16:02:02

I have a fuse file system, but some times, my daemon (process which mounted
the file system) gets killed. I detect this and restart the daemon and
during initialization, I unmount (just to make sure mount works) and mount
again. But, if some processes have open file handles into this file system
when the daemon dies, unmount and mount are failing.

I tried fusectl file system (writing to connections/<devnum>/abort), but
that does not help.
umount fails. Only way I will be able to remount seem to be to find and kill
the processes that have open file handles. But this is not a practical
solution.

What do you suggest is the best way to handle this situation?

Is there a way to silently re-attach the daemon to the file system?

Thanks
Sudheer