List:       fuse-devel
Subject:    Re: [fuse-devel] [2.8.x] Context all zeros while release handler
From:       Miklos Szeredi <miklos () szeredi ! hu>
Date:       2011-07-06 12:26:19

Sebastian Pipping <webmaster@hartwork.org> writes:

> It seems as if the pid, gid and uid I get from fuse_get_context() are
> all zero during a call to my own release handler (i.e. inside
> req->f->op.release(...)), always.  Does it have to be like that?  I
> would benefit from that information filled with proper values.

->release() is called when the file refcount drops to zero in the
kernel.  This usually happens on close() but not always.  It could
happen from proc code or various other places.  Giving info about the
process that happens to trigger the release would not only be useless
but a possible information leak.

Thanks,
Miklos