List:       fuse-devel
Subject:    Re: [fuse-devel] Cross system/version compatibility
From:       Szabolcs Szakacsits <szaka () ntfs-3g ! org>
Date:       2008-06-30 20:37:01

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008, Miklos Szeredi wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Jun 2008, Daniel Benamy wrote:
> > Does fuse-lite still work with old kernel versions?
>
> Should do.

It's widely used with 2.4 and 2.6 kernels. But I've never heard anyone
using it with older kernels.

> > Where does one get fuse-lite from? Should I contact the ntfs-3g folks?
>
> I think it's distributed with ntfs-3g.

Yes. It's also in the ntfs-3g cvs, include/fuse-lite and libfuse-lite
directories. The ntfs-3g build system supports both fuse-lite (default on
Linux) and fuse (mandatory on FreeBSD, NetBSD, OS X, OpenSolaris).

There are some more details at
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.file-systems.ntfs-3g.devel/408

and in the 5th section at
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.file-systems.ntfs-3g.devel/418