List:       fuse-devel
Subject:    Re: [fuse-devel] Bypassing  fuse  user level library
From:       Miklos Szeredi <miklos () szeredi ! hu>
Date:       2008-03-18 21:57:26

> > So yeah, I'm not outright against this idea.  I just want to make
> > sure, there are real (not just perceived) advantages to it.  Doing
> > some bechmarks and showing me numbers, instead of arguing on
> > theoretical grounds, might help convince me quicker ;)
> >
> Is there any open source implementation that does direct I/O already?

Careful, "direct I/O" is a term already used in fuse for a different
thing.  Let's call it "direct access" instead.

I'm not aware of such an implementation.  But for comparing the speed
of direct access vs. access throgh fuse, you don't actually need an
implementation.  Just run the benchmark on the lower FS directly, that
will be a good approximation of what may be achieved with direct
access.

Miklos