List:       fuse-devel
Subject:    Re: [fuse-devel] FUSE Windows port
From:       "George T.Talbot" <gtalbot () locuspharma ! com>
Date:       2007-01-17 16:07:33

Jim Hodapp <james.hodapp@...> writes:

> I am curious if anyone has tried or has plans for porting FUSE to
> work on Windows? Is there a need to port it to Windows or does the
> Windows API already provide something like FUSE? I will have a need
> for something like FUSE for a new piece of software that I'm writing
> that I need to be cross platform (Linux, Mac OS X and Windows). Is
> anyone interested in starting such a port with me?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim

I would be interested in working on this, and I have a copy of the (out of
print) Windows NT File System Internals from O'Reilly by Rajeev Nagar.  I have
written my own filesystem here for some work we're doing on our cluster (will
likely release it GPL once it actually works), and I'd love to have a native
Windows port.

--
George T. Talbot
<gtalbot@locuspharma.com>