List:       full-disclosure
Subject:    Re: [FD] Digital Ocean ssh key authentication security risk -- password authentication is re-enabled
From:       Daniel Elebash <danelebash () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2017-01-28 1:40:06

After two months of going back and forth with digital ocean I just received a message today \
that they have deployed a fix so you may not be able to replicate the problem.

My main concern is the not notifying customers of this behavior, most likely leaving many \
unaware and vulnerable.

Even though they have fixed this issue which was being set via cloud init, it still leaves \
currently deployed servers with password authentication set to yes.  So hopefully they will \
notify customers to check their ssh config and reset pass auth back to no.