List:       full-disclosure
Subject:    [FD] Broken, Abandoned, and Forgotten Code, Part 4
From:       Zach C <uid000 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-05-14 16:52:20

Part 4 is up. An undersized malloc() during firmware decoding puts our
hopes and dreams of persistent exploitation in peril.
http://shadow-file.blogspot.com/2015/05/abandoned-part-04.html

If you care to follow along, remote debugging with IDA Pro and QEMU
will be useful, particularly starting in part 5. Check out my post on
that topic, if you're interested.
http://shadow-file.blogspot.com/2015/01/dynamically-analyzing-wifi-routers-upnp.html

Here's where I introduced the Broken, Abandoned series, if you missed it:
http://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/2015/May/44

Ping me via email or on twitter (@zcutlip) with any questions or feedback!

Cheers,
Zach